Friday, August 24, 2007

Tachibana, Oakland

I have eaten at Tachibana on College in Oakland so many times, I've literally lost count. Although, I'm not a huge sushi fan, I have many friends who are. I go there at least once a month. I ate there again today for lunch. I always get a spider roll and lately, I've taken to unari, which is a sweet tofu puff sort of thing with rice.

Their spider rolls are always a huge hit with whoever I'm there with. Actually, all of the sushi is a hit with my sushi loving friends.

I prefer the pork or chicken shogiyaki or the tonkatsu. For other non-fish eaters, the box lunches feature california rolls, veggie tempura, edamame and generally a salad.

I'm generally part of a large group of regulars who go there so the servers all know us. They are friendly and helpful. The dramatic classical music on the sound system strikes me as funny...yet, it really does suit the place.

If you like sushi, you'll love Tachibana as a consistently good sushi joint with friendly service.

No comments: